Veteran’s Administration Benefits
The Veterans Benefits Administration provides many different benefits to veterans, and their families.
The benefits include:
- Compensation service
- Pension and fiduciary service
- Insurance service
- Education service
- Loan guaranty service
- Vocational rehabilitation and employment service
- Veteran’s Administration benefit planning
- Asset protection
- Insurance strategies
These services are for veterans, surviving spouses, and their immediate family.
Pension benefits can pay as much as $2,170 per month, tax free.*
*This amount is accurate as of 2018.
You are eligible if:
- You served at least 90 days of active military service, one day of which was during a period of war.
- You were discharged for a reason that was not “dishonorable”.
The purpose of this benefit is to provide veterans and their surviving spouses with a tax-free pension benefit to use for medical care costs.
Wartime dates are:
- WWII: 12/07/1941 – 12/31/1946
- Korean War: 06/27/1950 – 01/30/1955
- Vietnam (In Country): 02/28/1961 – 08/04/1964
- Vietnam (All): 08/05/1964 – 07/07/1975
Over 17 million American’s are potentially eligible for this benefit, veterans and surviving spouses.