If you are looking to terminate a guardianship or conservatorship, and make sure you’ve tied up all the loose ends, then you have come to the right place. The Receipt and Discharge of Guardian and Conservator form will serve as a document that says to the probate court the person under the guardianship has received all their money. Because of this, the court can therefore terminate or discharge the role of guardian or conservator.

This form (PC 649) can be found by clicking here. The form itself is pretty easy to complete. Basically, the ward (the person who is under guardianship or conservatorship) is indicating with this form exactly what he or she has received from the conservator or guardian. This could be physical and monetary assets, meaning everything and anything received from the guardian or conservator should be listed on this form.

You want to make sure that the language that’s used on the receipt form is in uniformity with the language that’s used in schedule D of the final account. If you’re unclear about how a final account works, feel free to call us at (833) PROBATE and we can go over it with you. We want that language to be consistent to show that what was remaining at the end of the final account has now been turned over to the ward.

This is kind of like the final document that’s needed within that guardianship or conservatorship, and then a discharge can be issued by the court. The judge signs it and if there’s an attorney, the attorney identifies their relevant information.

Darren Findling of The Probate Pro goes through step by step on how to complete this form:

If you have any questions related to the Receipt and Discharge of Guardian and Conservator form, guardianships, conservatorships or probate in general, reach out to The Probate Pro. All we do is probate, and we are ready to help you, just as we have all our clients. Call us at (833) PROBATE.