There’s money in an account that you would like to get. However, you also want to avoid going through the entire probate process. How can this be accomplished? With the Petition and Order for Assignment, you would be able to start the process of acquiring that money without the need to enter full probate.

The Petition and Order for Assignment is a State Court Administrative Office form. If you need this form or any other probate court forms, please reach out to us. We will be happy to provide you with this document and any other necessary probate court documents.

Most of these State Court Administrative Office forms are associated with Michigan Court Rules and statutes. This is no different. The Petition and Order for Assignment is associated with MCL 700.1210, which states:

  (1) The specific dollar amounts stated in sections 2102, 2402, 2404, 2405, and 3983 apply to decedents who die before January 1, 2001. For decedents who die after December 31, 2000, these specific dollar amounts shall be multiplied by the cost-of-living adjustment factor for the calendar year in which the decedent dies.

(2) Before February 1, 2001, and annually after 2001, the department of treasury shall publish the cost-of-living adjustment factor to be applied to the specific dollar amounts referred to in subsection (1) for decedents who die during that calendar year and in section 7414 for trusts the value of the property of which is insufficient to justify the cost of administration. A product resulting from application of the cost-of-living adjustment factor to a specific dollar amount shall be rounded to the nearest $1,000.00 amount.

In addition to this, the Petition and Order for Assignment is pursuant to MCL 700.1302 and MCL 700.3982. To help you understand this form better, Darren Findling of The Probate Pro covers everything you’ll need to know in this video.


Like Darren, we’re ready to help you understand all things related to probate. So, if you have any probate related questions, don’t hesitate to give The Probate Pro a call today at (833) PROBATE. Our legal family is ready to help you.